Online Teaching Resources
The ACES Return to Teaching committee has compiled and/or curated resources for educators with varying levels of experience in online learning.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Teaching: Novice
- Online Teaching: Advanced
- Illinois Remote: Keep Teaching
Illinois Media Space Channels
ACES Keep Teaching
Videos designed to support those who are teaching ACES classes in online or blending learning environments. Channel includes previously recorded live webinar sessions.
ACES Keep Teaching: Quick Takes
Short video resources developed by members of the College of ACES designed to provide pinpointed guidance for faculty seeking specific, quick advice on how to prepare quality online components of their courses.
CITL Keep Teaching
Videos that address basic to advanced levels of instructional and technical needs. All videos created by the Illinois Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning (CITL).
ACES Return to Teaching Committee
The ACES Return to Teaching Committee is comprised of experts across the College who serve as pedagogical content knowledge experts for each academic unit in ACES. The goals of the committee are to provide resources and answer immediate questions for ACES faculty as they prepare to teach online courses (pdf)to offer one-on-one instructional coaching for ACES faculty; and to provide a framework for short- and long-term decision-making processes in course design.
Contact any committee member with questions or to request a 1:1 consultation as you prepare for Fall 2020 instruction.
- Dawn Bohn, Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Paul Davidson, Agricultural and Biological Engineering (ABE)
- Anna Dilger, Animal Sciences (ANSC)
- Jason Emmert, Animal Sciences (ANSC)
- Piper Hodson, Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences (NRES)
- Dokyoung (DK) Lee, Crop Sciences (CPSC)
- Amy Leman, Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communications (ALEC)
- Craig Lemoine, Agricultural and Consumer Economics (ACE)
- Elissa Thomann Mitchell, Human Development and Family Studies (HDFS)
- Shelly Schmidt, Food Science and Human Nutrition (FSHN)
- Debra Korte, ACES Director for Learning Innovation and E-Learning