ACES Accounts and Hashtags
- TikTok: @acesillinois
- Instagram: @acesillinois
- Twitter: @ACESIllinois
Images tend to outperform graphics or illustrations. Depending on your unit goals, you might want to primarily use images and avoid graphics.
If you are using graphics, keep text to a minimum. Pick out the main idea or piece of information you want to share on your graphic and then include the remaining details in the copy or body of your post. This will help the accessibility of your graphics. For accessibility, make sure you use alt text to write out the graphic text.
Social media image size guide
Profile picture and cover photo templates (coming soon) are available for download and should be used by all department's social media pages.
- Cover photo: 820 x 312
- Event cover photo: 1920 x 1005
- Shared post image: 1200 x 630
- Header photo: 1500 x 500
- Shared tweet image: 1200 x 675
- Shared post image: 1080 x 1080
- Instagram story: 1080 x 1920
- Reel: 1080 x 1920
- Company cover image: 1128 x 191
- Shared image: 1200 x 627
- TikToks: 1080 x 1920
- Tagging other university accounts is a great way to interact and celebrate with other units while also reaching new audiences. When tagging units, specifically on Twitter, consider tagging the account in your photo rather than your tweet copy. This will free up character/text space while also keeping your copy clean and concise. This also allows you to tag multiple accounts.
- Mentioning other university accounts builds our community. It’s also helpful for all units if we all engage by retweeting, liking, and sharing their content.
Quick Tips for Faculty and Staff
Have a social media request?
Submit content for marcom to post on ACES social media platforms.