Creating a new PIE site:
- Go to publish.illinois.edu - request new site with site address, title, description. Select front page as a static page.
- Go to the dashboard for that site.
- Go to Settings > Writing : Select the default editor as block editor. Save changes.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks : Select Post Name for common settings. Save changes.
- Go to Appearance > Customize : (must publish before leaving this section)
- Change Site Identity Tagline and Title if needed.
- Main Menu : create a menu, name it main menu. Add items. Select Site Navigation.
- Widgets > Sidebar - Remove Recent Comments, Archives, Categories, Meta
- Plugins : Suggested ones to activate:
- Content Views
- Google Analytics for Publish.illinois.edu
- Illinois Webtools Calendar Widget (if you use Webtools Calendars)
- Smash Balloon Custom Facebook Feed (if you want to use a twitter feed in the sidebar)
Then choose settings, More social feeds tab, then you can activate instagram, twitter, or youtube if you use those.
- Go to Theme Settings and add your footer information.